About The Party People
The Party People Shop has the largest range of party supplies in Australia. We specialise in Balloons, Party Supplies, Themed Parties and Costumes and its our innovative and unique products that keep us as Australia's #1 Party Store.
Image: The Party People Megastore Drummoyne.
The Party People is a retail party supply chain based in Australia and we services customers from our website worlwide. We operate the largest retail party supplies outlet in Australia (located in Drummoyne) as well as Australia's most visited online party supply store (according to Experian Hitwise independant site statistics).
We have more than 15,000 items on range sourced from all over the world to make your party or event memorable. The Party People are also specialists in decorating. We have won many awards in balloon sculptures, classic decor and table centerpieces over the years. Our senior certified balloon artist trains many of the balloon artists in Australia and around the world so when you use us, you get world class service.
Interesting Stats About The Party People;
- More than 15,000 products.
- Serviced more than 545,000 parties
- Sold more than 4.6 million party supplies
- Trading for over 30 years and counting
- ThePartyPeople.com.au is the most visited party supplies store online (according to www.experian.com) with over 1.7 million unique visitors a year.
- The Drummoyne Store is Australia's Largest Party Store with more than 1700 square meters of party!
- The Drummoyne Store is the largest retail store of costumes for sale in Australia.
Our story has been covered in the media and we have most of the major coverage on our media page but you can find lots more about us by Googling "The Party People".
- 1982 - Mala Salakas started the home based business by hosting and catering for kid’s parties as “Patches the Clown”.
- 1985 - The business grew to include many clowns and party organisers. Mala and her father Peter Nikolas purchased a party planning company called “The Party People” for $2000 and opened a shop in Sans Souci.
- 1999 - Dean Salakas removed the existing 1 page website and started Australia’s first online party store at www.ThePartyPeople.com.au. It was also one of the first companies in Australia to use google adwords (Sydney Morning Herald Article).
- 2003 - Dean Salakas redevelops the company website and strategy as part of a university project.
- 2007 - Brothers, Peter and Dean Salakas purchased the business from their parents.
- 2009 - Hitwise Independent Statistics confirm The Party People have reached the number one ranking in the party supplies industry, overtaking a party directory to achieve the accolade.
- 2012 - The Party People launches Australia’s Largest Party Store
- Today the business continues to dominate the party industry with Australia's largest range of party supplies distributed all over the world
- 2014 - The Party People Launches "WikiParty", The worlds first online party-pedia.
- To Be Continued................
Chief Party Dude
The Party People