How To Purchase
Unsure how to shop on our website? Below is a step by step procedure to purchase from our website;
1. Find What Your Looking For
To find what you need, move your mouse over the major categories at the top of the page and select the relevant subcategory. Alternatively you can type what your looking for in the search box at the top right hand corner of the page under the shopping cart.
2. Add A Product To Your Cart
Once you have found the product you are looking for, click on it to show the full details of the product.
- To add the product to your shopping cart, click the buy now green button which will take you to the bottom of the page.
- If the product has different options (like size, colour or style) there will be a drop down menu to select your desired option. Select your desired option if applicable.
- Next enter the quantity you require
- Then click the "Add To Cart" button to add your selection to your shopping cart.
- From here you can click the "Continue Shopping" button, the "Checkout My Cart Now" button or select a product from the below list of items we recommend that compliment the item you added to your shopping cart.
3. View or Edit Your Shopping Cart
- To view your shopping cart click the "View Items" button on the shopping cart in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- To change a quantity for an item or for multiple items simply change the quantity in the quantity column and click the update button at the end of the column.
- To remove an item from your cart, simply click the remove button and the end of the row for the product.
4. Checkout Stage 1 - Review Your Order
- To checkout you will need to click the "Check Out" button on the shopping cart in the top right hand corner of the screen. This will take you to your shopping cart so you can review what you have ordered.
- Next you must select how you would like us to ship your order. To add shipping to your order you will need to select your desired shipping option from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page.
- You will then need to select your country. If you select Australia the page will ask for your post code.
- To update your shipping cost, click the "Calculate Your Shipping Cost" button.
- To proceed through the checkout click the "Proceed To Billing + Delivery" page.
5. Checkout Stage 2 - Billing + Delivery
- At this step of the checkout you will need to add all your billing details and shipping details. Fields with a dark line to the left of them are mandatory fields.
- Your post code cannot be changed at this stage of the process. To change your post code you will need to go back a step (to go back a step you will need scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "Go Back A Step" or alternatively you can select "Review Your Order" from the menu at the top of the page).
- You are recommended to add additional delivery information on the bottom of the screen such as the date you require your order and what the delivery driver should do if you are not there when they arrive.
6. Checkout Stage 3 - Confirmation + Payment
- To make payment you will need to select your preferred payment method. We recommend that you pay by credit card as the other options require us to wait for payment before processing your order and this adds considerable time before we can dispatch the order.
- If you selected to pay by credit card, enter all your credit card details or if you selected to pay by money order or direct deposit, read and follow the instructions that are presented to you. To find more about our payment option and payment proceed for each option click here.
- Once you have done this, read the terms and conditions and check the box to confirm that you have read them.
- After you have agreed to our terms and conditions click the button to proceed in the bottom right hand corner.
7. Order Confirmation
After you place your order you will be taken to a screen confirming placement of your order. You will simultaneously be sent a confirmation email to you containing a tax invoice (and further payment instructions for money order or direct debit payment options).
8. What Happens Next
Once you place your order we will pack and dispatch your order. At any time you can log onto our website and find out what is happening with your order. To do this, hover your mouse over the services tab on the top menu and click "Login to MyPartyPeople". In this screen you can;
- Update your "Account Details" to speed up the time to complete the checkout process next time you login.
- Check the status of your "Current Order". In this area you can view your orders that haven't been delivered to you yet, see what stage our process they are at or send us an enquiry about a particular order. In this screen your order status will show.
- View your past orders that have been dispatched by us. Here you can track your order to find out where it is in Australia while its on its way to you as well as send an enquiry about a particular order.
- View and respond to your enquiries with us.
9. Order Status
The meanings of different possible status's of your order is below;
- "Awaiting Payment" (this means we are waiting for you to pay for your order or awaiting payment clearance),
- "Paid" (this means it will be packed shortly),
- "Awaiting Customer Instruction" (this means we have contacted you and we are waiting for you to get back in touch with us),
- "Packing" (we are pulling the stock of the shelf and putting it in your order)
- "Waiting for Stock" (we are waiting for stock to arrive to complete your order)
- "Packed" (your order has been packed and will be checked before being dispatched)
- "Awaiting Dispatch" (your order is waiting for a post truck to pick it up)
- "Awaiting Pickup" (your order is waiting for you to pick it up from our store)
- "Sent" (Your order has been dispatched and should be on its way or already received by you)
- "Cancelled" (Your order has been cancelled at your request)
9. Tracking Your Order
When we dispatch your order you will be sent an email with the tracking details (unless your picking it up). Clicking the link on this email will take you directly to the Australia post website with information on your order. The comments on the Australia post page are sometimes a little unclear however the main things you are looking for are a) whether your parcel has been delivered to you or b) whether post couldn't deliver your parcel and they took it to your local post office for your collection.
Tracking your order can also be achieved by logging into MyPartyPeople as described in the last step.